No-Bake Recipe: Coconut Snowballs (Gluten-Free, Nut-Free & Vegan!)


  • 2012_12_12-coconut1.jpg
  • When it comes to cookies, deliciousness usually arrives in the form of ingredients like flour, butter, sugar, nuts, and chocolate. So what happens when you can't eat any of these foods? In my case, you start playing with coconut.
  • 2012_12_12-coconut4.jpg
  • Besides nut and chocolate allergies, I am currently on a restricted diet without gluten, soy, dairy, or refined sugar. I had resigned myself to a cookie-less holiday until my mother, ever hopeful, insisted that we find something sweet and celebratory to fill my corner of the cookie platter. Fortunately, coconut (not really a nut!) is one beloved food I can still eat.
  • 2012_12_12-coconut3.jpg

Coconut Snowballs

  • Makes 12 balls
    1 3/4 cups unsweetened shredded coconut, divided
    2 teaspoons melted coconut oil
    3 tablespoons maple syrup
    2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/8 teaspoon sea salt
  • source
Blogger Template by Clairvo