BANANA BREAD GRANOLA

Banana Bread Granola recipe


  • Okay, I saw this recipe on Pinterest and I had to make it immediately.  I often pin things that look delicious, but I rarely get around to making them.  I'm sure you are the same way.  Pinterest is how my life would be if I had about 20 extra hours in every day to make my life pretty, perfect, and full of delicious food, fabulous clothes, and fantasy vacations.  I love my life the way it is though, and as much as I wish it looked more like my Pinterest boards, I'm definitely more than happy with reality.  BUT, sometimes, life is better if you really do reach into those boards and actually try something new.  And this is definitely one of those occasions... this granola is amazing!  Your house will smell fantastic and your tummy will be very happy.  I had to give some of it away because I would have eaten it all myself (in a day).  I also served it at brunch during the Olympic Gold Medal hockey game, and I think it was a hit.
Banana Bread Granola recipe

  • Slightly Adapted from The Minimalist Baker

  • 3 cups rolled oats
  • 3/4 cup pecans
  • 1/3 cup whole, raw almonds
  • 1 tablespoon raw sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoon flax seed
  • 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
  • 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon maple syrup
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 medium ripe banana, mashed (approximately 1/2 cup)

  • Preheat oven to 350°F. 

  • Mix the oats, cinnamon, sugar, salt, flaxseed and nuts together in a large bowl (see photo).

  • Whisk together the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until well combined, then whisk in banana puree. Pour over the dry ingredients and mix well.

  • Spread the mixture evenly onto one or two baking sheets (making sure it doesn’t get crowded) and bake for 23-28 minutes or until golden brown. The coconut oil will help it crisp up well, but be sure to watch it carefully as it can brown quickly. It is up to you whether you stir or toss the granola while it is baking. The less you stir it, the clumpier it gets, but watch to make sure its not burning if you do not stir it!
source

Blogger Template by Clairvo