Cioccolata Calda (Italian Hot Chocolate) with Orange Whipped Cream

cioccolato calda (3 of 3)

  • It’s Secret Recipe Club time again! This month, I was assigned I am a Honey Bee. In the Secret Recipe Club, each blogger is assigned a different blog each month. They secretly choose a recipe, prepare it, and post it on a designated day. Since joining in August, I really look forward to the reveal day every month!
  • I enjoyed reading Nicole’s About Me section, especially the 28 random things part. I am so jealous that she has spent some time in Greece. I also wish her the best of luck today for her C-section and meeting her baby! Cioccolata Calda (Italian Hot Chocolate) has been on my list to make for a while now and I knew I had to give it a try when I saw it on Nicole’s blog. Other notable recipes from her that are now set aside for a later date include Gone to Heaven Dark Chocolate PieBang Bang ShrimpBaked S’mores Bars, and Wild Mushroom Risotto.

cioccolato calda (1 of 3)

  • Cioccolata Calda is an Italian Hot Chocolate drink. It is much thicker than the American version, almost has the same consistency as chocolate pudding. Use a rich dark chocolate for this, at least 70% cacao. Nicole paired her Italian Hot Chocolate with whipped cream spiced with orange zest. I loved the combination. The whipped cream has no sugar added, so add a large pinch of sugar if you want it a bit sweeter. Personally, I liked it as written to compliment the sweetness of the hot chocolate.

cioccolato calda (2 of 3)
Ingredients
8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, at least 70%
3 cups whole milk, divided
4 teaspoons cornstarch
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon orange zest


source
http://www.tarasmulticulturaltable.com
Blogger Template by Clairvo