PISTACHIO-CRUSTED CHICKEN BREASTS W/RASPBERRY SAUCE


  •  
  • Whenever I’m with my dad and my sister (together )I constantly feel the intensity of the loss of my mom.  This weekend I was with my dad and my sister so, Mom’s absence followed me everywhere.  But, I’m still determined to fill that overwhelming void with memories enhanced by her food.
  • As luck would have it, my sister suggested we recreate one of Mom’s celebrated recipes that her family apparently adores.  I was dumbfounded. I had neither indexed it in my archives nor had I any memories of the dish from my youth.  Yet, when I saw the look of excitement and heard the cheers from my niece and nephew, I knew I had to partake in the meal prep!
  • And so, for the late afternoon activity, my sis and I set our culinary course in the direction of Mom’s Pistachio-Crusted Chicken with Raspberry Soy Dipping Sauce.


  • I’m not lying when I admit that I’ve eaten the chicken for the past three meals in the last two days.  It’s-just-that-good.
  • So, the next time you’re struggling to put a spin on your tried-and-true chicken routine, start by using crushed pistachios.
  • And, if you really want to WOW the crowd, top off your chicken with homemade raspberry, soy and horseradish sauce. The confluence of these two tastes is unbelievable.
  • If Mom were here, she’d be so thrilled knowing her daughters not only cooked together but, continued to satiate the hungry masses.
  • I know you will enjoy.

Ingredients:
  • 2 lbs thinly-sliced chicken breasts
  • garlic powder
  • olive oil
  • sea salt
  • 5 eggs
  • flour
  • 3 cups crushed pistachio nuts
  • 2 10 oz. jars of raspberry jelly (100% sugar preferrablly with seeds) (black or red)
  • 3/8 cup of low sodium soy sauce
  • 4 tablespoons of whit horseradish from a jar
Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Season the chicken breasts with garlic powder, olive oil, sea salt.
  3. Dip breasts into bowl filled with flour, then a bowl full of beaten eggs.
  4. After chicken is fully coated with egg wash, place in bowl with crushed pistachio nuts and cover completely.
  5. Once breasts are completely coated with nuts, place inside large, heated skillet containing at least 1/4 cup of oil (there should be at least 3″ of oil layering the bottom of the pan).
  6. Saute the chicken so both sides are cooked (approximately 2-3 minutes).
  7. Place chicken into baking pan in oven for approximately 15-20 minutes (be careful not to over bake).
  8. While chicken is baking, combine raspberry jelly, soy sauce and horseradish in a bowl and mix completely to desired taste.
  9. Optional – heat up sauce and pour over top baked chicken.
  10. Not optional – ENJOY!
source
http://www.myjudythefoodie.com
Blogger Template by Clairvo