The Grilled Turkey and Swiss you don’t want to miss

The Grilled Turkey and Swiss you don’t want to miss
  • So, my friends. 
  • I have been getting a lot of requests lately. 
  • Requests for “easy” dinner recipes. 
  • Recipes that can be put together in a flash…
  • That taste pretty darn flashy as well.
  • And so I’m always thinking….
  • and pondering…
  • and wondering…
  • What should we make?
  • That is fast and flashy…
  •  
  • Then, it just so happened that I was attending a lovely 
  • Mothers Day luncheon hosted by my dear sister in law Mary.
  • She made us these fabulous
  • Grilled Turkey and Swiss Sandwiches…
  • They were truly a delight.
  • Thinly sliced turkey…
  • Melted Swiss cheese….
  • with a tomato..
  • and a creamy sauce.
  • All grilled up to perfection 
  • on two hearty slices of French Bread. 
  • Does that sound like
  • Dinner
  • to you?
  • No good reason, this side of Kentucky, that these sandwiches wouldn’t make a fabulous fast dinner. 
  • Or a lovely ladies luncheon, 
  • or a beautiful shower menu item,
  • or a Come on Over and I’ll Make You One Killer Sandwich….
  • The possibilities are endless, really. 
  • Truly. 
  •  
  • I made some a couple of days ago for my tweener daughters 
  • and all they could say was….
  • “HOLY. 
  • COW. 
  • We. 
  • Like…..
  • totally feel like we are 
  • being served at a restaurant.”
  • Thank you. Thank you very much. 
  • Was my reply.
  • My TeenSonMark took one look at these
  • beautiful sandwiches and said…
  • “What. 
  • What???
  • Hu?
  • (Pause….Pause….inspecting the sandwich……)
  • S’that have some kind of sauce on it? 
  • I don’t do sauce, Mom.”
  • Ok then. You win some, you loose some. 
  • I hope these sandwiches don’t loose out on you!
  • Come on now. 
  • Give them a go.
  • It’ll be a mighty fine show. 
  • Would I lie to you? 
  • NO!
Grilled Turkey and Swiss Sandwich
Time: 15 minutes (LOVE THAT!!!!)
Yield: 8 sandwiches
Recipe from my sister in law Mary Ehrhart
PRINT RECIPE
1 loaf french bread
soft butter
1 1/2 – 2  pounds thinly sliced turkey
1 pound thinly sliced Swiss cheese
2 – 3 tomatoes
Sauce:
1 C mayonnaise
1 1/2 T stone ground mustard
1 1/2 T red onion, chopped fine
1 t dried thyme 

source
Blogger Template by Clairvo