Arugula and Shaved Parmesan on a Baguette

           

When I make a sandwich, I like using good crusty bread like a baguette or French bread, which is a perfect fat free bread option. A trick I like to do when I make a sandwich is to scoop out some of the inside of the bread, which allows me to make a larger sandwich, and it leaves room for the meat and lettuce. I personally enjoyed most  of my sandwiches dry but if you prefer adding mayo or dressing, you'll have to adjust the points. I bet horseradish mayo would be lovely on this!

I've been getting lots of emails from working folks who need help preparing quick and easy lunches on the go that don't require heating up the kitchen. I am dedicating the rest of the week to healthy sandwiches. If you have a sandwich you would like to share with everyone feel free to comment and maybe I'll post your recipe!

           

Ingredients:
  • 2.75 oz baguette or French bread
  • 2 oz lean roast beef
  • 1//2 cup baby arugula (aka rocket)
  • .25 oz shaved Parmesan
  • fresh cracked pepper




Directions:

Slice bread in half and layer with roast beef, arugula, shaved Parmesan and fresh cracked pepper.



source
http://www.skinnytaste.com
Blogger Template by Clairvo