Sandwiches with Onions and Mushrooms


I blame my Mom, she always made the BEST steak and cheese sandwiches for dinner, and luckily I don't have to give them up and neither do you! I love this with Swiss, provolone, cheddar or even American cheese... reduced-fat of course.


Ingredients:

For the steak:

  • 1/2 lb thin cut beef round sandwich steaks
  • 1/2 large onion, sliced into rings
  • 1/2 tsp olive oil
  • 8 oz sliced mushrooms
  • 4 seconds cooking spray (I like Smart Balance)
  • garlic powder to taste
  • salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste

For the sandwich:
  • 12 oz French bread or baguette, cut into 4 pieces (see tip)
  • 4 slices reduced-fat cheese slices (I used Sargento provolone)



Directions: 



Once the steak is cooked and ready, cut bread into 4 pieces (see tip). Divide steak and mushrooms evenly between four sandwiches and place a slice of cheese on each one. Place sandwiches on a cookie sheet and heat in the oven or broiler until the cheese melts; 2 - 3 minutes, careful not to burn if using the broiler. Enjoy!!


source
http://www.skinnytaste.com
Blogger Template by Clairvo