“I’m-So-Dainty” Cranberry Shortbread Cookies

Cranberry Shortbread Cookies
  • Shortbread is a type of unleavened cookie, which means that baking powder, baking soda, even eggs is not used while baking these cookies. These cookies are crumbly and this texture is made possible because of the high fat content of the butter used. I found this recipe forcranberry shortbread cookiesin Jill Snider’s Cookies. I have tried a couple of recipes from that book and all of them have turned out very good. This shortbread recipe is my most favorite in that book. Hopefully I get a chance to try the other recipes I have bookmarked too.
  • I had to bake a big batch of cookies for a get-together and I was so glad that I chose this recipe. I made few changes based on the tips suggested in the original recipe. Dried cranberries and white chocolate chips were used in the recipe and the author had suggested that dried blueberries and semi sweet chocolate chips can also be used. While going through the procedure I got another idea. I decided to halve the dough, mix in cranberries and milk chocolate chips to one part and blueberries and semi sweet chocolate chips to the other half. I had to bake another batch too and for that I used diced apricots and milk chocolate chips. These shortbread cookies were a huge hit in the party.
Cranberry Shortbread Cookies


INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 CupsAll Purpose Flour
  • 1/4 CupCornstarch
  • 1/4 TeaspoonSalt
  • 1 CupSoftened Butter
  • 3/4 CupConfectioner’s Sugar
  • 1 TeaspoonVanilla Extract
  • 1/2 CupDried Cranberries
  • 1/2 CupDried Blueberries
  • 1/3 Cupwhite Chocolate Chips
  • 1/3 CupSemi Sweet Chocolate Chips

source
http://www.egglesscooking.com
Blogger Template by Clairvo