Baked Eggplant Sandwiches


eggplant sandwiches (3 of 3)


  • I have been on a quest to find eggplant recipes that Chad and I both enjoy. We had previously written off the eggplant as a vegetable we didn’t like. I have tried a few recipes in the past without much success. I am happy to say these Baked Eggplant Sandwiches were a hit! The eggplant is sliced, then soaked in salt water to help remove the bitterness. Each sandwich is filled with provolone, sun dried tomatoes, and parsley, then coated in egg, almond meal, and Parmesan.
eggplant sandwiches (1 of 3)
  • This recipe was a great way to use up the Provolone and sun dried tomatoes I already had on hand. It also made a great lunch for Evan. Next time, I may try the sandwiches with some pesto.
eggplant sandwiches (2 of 3)
Ingredients
2 teaspoons sea salt, divided
1 medium eggplant
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 1/2 ounces sliced Provolone or Sharp Cheddar cheese
12-16 sun dried tomatoes, sliced
1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
4 tablespoons almond meal
4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
1 egg
pepper to taste





source
http://www.tarasmulticulturaltable.com
Blogger Template by Clairvo